Window Blinds are always a good idea to settle for if you’re planning on a window treatment upgrade or simply are bored of the traditional curtains. Besides, blinds are a specifically favorable window covering for commercial spaces where curtains are quite likely to fail due to the higher extents of usage and of course wear and tear.
However, not every blind available on the market could be the right option for you and you anyway need to conduct this very selection in a watchful way. With that said, we are right at your service to help you with just the right kind of window blind choice, which will prove favorable for you in the long run.
So do remind your major functional and aesthetic requirements once more, so that you can easily relate them to the features and pros offered by those different window blind ideas that we’ll be mentioning ahead.
Let’s get started!
Everything You Need To Know About The Popular Types Of Blinds
Here’s the precise list that will help you come up with the best choice for your homes and offices and the information that will guide you to select the stuff that will adequately meet all of those requirements that you look forward to.
1. Vertical Blinds
Vertical Blinds are quite a wonderful idea if you want your next window covering to be functional in several dimensions at the same time.
- Construction: They usually come with either a PVC, wood, or faux wood construction, so you can easily pick out a choice that suits you the most.
- Profile: As for the design of these blinds, they feature individual slats that are to be moved across the blind track present at the top.
- Functionality: This way, you can benefit from a dual movement i.e. can simply stack all the blind slats in one corner or can have their complete sliding out of the way of the window.
- Best For: These blinds work wonders for larger windows in particular and can be used along with patio doors, as well.
Here’s how you can get a better idea about whether to go for these blinds or not.
Vertical Blinds are a versatile choice that can be used in multiple spots, such as next to both big and small windows, sliding doors, and patio doors.
These blinds are likely to create some troublesome noises as the slats collide with each other.
They are super easy to deal with since they are easy to clean.
They feature a sleek and presentable profile, which goes totally fine for commercial places, in addition to residential ones.
Read More: Roller Blinds Maintenance Guide
2. Venetian Blinds
Venetian Blinds are quite a vintage element used for window treatment, and they have always been a very popular choice. They have a highly adjustable structure, which makes them easy to handle as compared to other types of window blinds.
- Construction: Venetian Blinds are made from a number of different materials, such as metal, faux wood, plastic, PVC, vinyl, and even real wood.
- Profile: These blinds are horizontal in structure, featuring horizontal slats that are attached to strips or strings of fabric. These cloth strips are called tapes and are used to suspend every single slat of the Venetian Blinds at an equal distance.
- Functionality: Venetian Blinds come with a super smooth and flexible working. When they are raised, each of the slats gets pressed into one another. These blinds can even be tilted up to 180°.
- Best For: Venetian Blinds, in the first place, are ideal for residential usage, however, they can be considered for minimal to normal commercial grade usage too.
Here’s a brief outlook on the pros and cons of Venetian Blinds.
|Venetian Blinds offer a smooth, long-lasting, and efficient performance.||Operating these blinds can be a bummer at times since you have to pull the string to the left side in order to unlock the blind slats.|
|These blinds can also be made to work as motorized blinds.|
|These blinds can be easily customized according to any given window style or size, even for the arched windows, as well.|
Read More: Different Types Of Motorized Blinds And How Do They Work
3. Roman Blinds
Roman Shades or Blinds, despite being a classical window treatment, always turn out as a trendy option amongst all famous types of curtains and blinds. They come in a number of different styles and always appear to be really eye-catching, while also creating super pleasant styling in the room.
- Construction: Roman blinds are either made from fabric (linen and linen blends), seagrass, or jute.
- Profile: These blinds have a lightweight profile since they are made from fabric in most cases. You can have them in several versatile designs and styles, while the extent of illumination offered by them often remains the same.
- Functionality: The functionality of these blinds is quite similar to that of the Venetian Blinds. Each panel of the blind gets folded into itself, as it is raised. This brings in a great deal of natural brightness as the entire blind stacks (roll up) in one place to let all the light in.
- Best For: Roman Blinds are a spectacular and cost-effective choice for all the residential spaces as they create a highly presentable window décor.
Roman Blinds offer the major advantage of illumination as they let in a maximum amount of natural light, which proves highly energy-efficient.
Roman Blinds, sometimes, are likely to take up a lot of space at the top of the window, which is likely to seem unpleasant.
They have a lightweight structure that seems really pleasant and can be a good choice for those being sick of heavier window treatments.
These blinds can be easily customized in terms of both styling and sizing in order to fit every given window profile.
Read More: What Are The Best Fabric Options For Roman Blinds?
4. Wooden Blinds
Wooden Blinds are another incredible choice of window treatment that combines the benefits of warmth and sturdiness.
- Construction: As suggested by the name, these blinds are made of solid wood, which explains all the structural strength and heavy-duty work.
- Profile: Wooden blinds come in different profiles based on the type of wood species being used in the construction. They come in a number of versatile stains, patterns, and design options also
- Functionality: The slats of these blinds are controlled by vertical pieces of wood and can be moved both up and down simultaneously.
- Best For: Wooden Blinds are the ideal choice for both homes and offices as there are a versatile design, color, and stain options available for them.
Wooden Blinds are the sturdiest in nature and therefore the most durable, too.
These blinds are likely to be affected (contracted and relaxed) by moisture and can end up being warped, cracked, broken, or split.
These blinds offer greater levels of insulation for the interiors.
Wooden Blinds are a great option for room styling as they can be acquired in multiple styles, colors, patterns, and design options.
5. Cellular Shades
Otherwise known as Honeycomb blinds, cellular shades are an incredible window treatment choice that features a hybrid construction and is a highly cost-effective and favorable option to settle for.
- Construction: Cellular shades feature a hybrid construction, which is to say that they are made of a blend of two different materials, i.e. high-quality bonded Polyester and spun lace.
- Profile: These shades or blinds have a profile similar to the pleated shades, as they come with front and back sections that are meant to trap the air, thus providing huge insulation. This insulation comes from the pocket which gets created by both the front and back sections opening in the middle.
- Functionality: Cellular shades come in both single and double cell (honeycomb shaped air pockets) versions which are to say that they have one and two air pockets respectively. So you can make a choice according to the extent of insulation that you look forward to.
- Best For: These shades work wonders for personalized residential spaces such as bedrooms and living rooms, where there is a greater requirement for insulation. They are also a good choice for basements.
The foremost advantage of cellular shades are the temperature optimization they offer, i.e. they’ll keep the interiors insulated during winters and cool during summers.
Cellular shades or blinds are likely to appear somewhat cheap since they have very thin profiles.
Cellular shades help in getting rid of excessive sound production.
These shades come in several cell sizes to go with different windows.
They are entirely eco-friendly in nature and are the easiest to install.
6. Panel Blinds
Panel Blinds are the kind of treatment that is meant for larger windows and patio doors as they have larger and wider profiles.
- Construction: Panel Blinds are made from different types of fabrics in large-sized panels such as translucent fabrics, sunscreens, or blackout fabrics.
- Profile: These blinds feature vertically hanging large and wide panels. There are no slats; rather the entire blind consists of four wide sections.
- Functionality: The sections (panels) of Panel blinds slide together in order to move and uncover the adjacent window or sliding window, instead of tilting or rotating.
- Best For: These blinds are meant to dress larger windows, sliding doors, patio doors, glass doors, and backdoors, as well.
These blinds let in maximum amounts of natural light, which saves the consumption of artificial sources of light, and, ultimately the cost of energy.
They cannot be moved sideways and cannot be partially opened for occasional requirements.
They are a super presentable choice for commercial spaces with large glass panels or windows.
These blinds are a convenient option when it comes to cleaning. Also, they are quite budget-friendly.
Hoping for our list of the 6 Different Types of Blinds for Windows to be supremely favorable to you in terms of bringing about a good change in your surroundings. Window treatment, indeed, is the home decor element that needs to be chosen after reasonable research, so as to find the best suiting stuff. As for this extensive blind buying guide of ours, you can easily most of your major functional and aesthetic requirements which the features described earlier.
This way, it becomes a lot easier to come up with a choice that makes a beneficial difference. Good luck to make the most out of your next window treatment.